Sunday, September 10, 2006

Rejection.

Hey kids. Well once again I can not seem to sleep. I don't know why I'v been haveing so much trouble sleeping lately. But anyways , as I'v been laying in bed just thinking about life n such for the past hour and a half, I got to thinking about the topic "rejection". It's a terrible feeling isn't it? To be or feel rejected by someone. Wether it is by someone you know, or have never met before. Everyday people get rejected by someone. For me I think it's one of the worst feelings in the world. Like say, if your out trying to do something good for your comunity, and someone rejects you, or if you try and make a friend, and they reject you, or even perhaps by the certain someone you may like, and they reject you also. I don't think people realize how much this really hurts someone. It could honestly stick with someone for years, mabey even the rest of their lives. Because as bad as it is, it's not always just the "goodtimes" and memeories you never forget. Alot of the time you remeber the bad times too. The words spoken by people that really hurt you once upon a time. I know thats the case with me anyways. Theres alot of stuff I still remeber that I would rather not,though I have forgiven those people who have caused me those memories, I have not forgotten.

Ever hear of the term, Forgive and Forget? Well, I hate to break it to you, but most of the time, the forgiving part is the only thing getting done. Its easier to forgive then forget, and for anyone who disagrees, i'd love to know.

Anyways, I guess i'd just like to say..The next time someone tries to make an effort to make things better in the world, or to help someone..give that person a chance. Think about how the words you say will effect that person.

(by the way: I haven't felt rejection recently, lol thats not why I wrote this, it's just something that came to my mind and I started to think alot about it)

-alyson

2 comments:

Karen said...

Al im so excited for youth should be a rocking night. try to come early at like 6:30 cuz we are gonna have a prayer time. it should be good:) love ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.