Monday, September 25, 2006

Hmm. good stuff.

Today I had a very interesting conversation with one of my friends during class. It was about christianity. I never would of imagined sitting in class spending an hour with this person talking about my faith. Im a typer not a talker. So it was interesting. As I got started and as she asked me more and more questions I became more comfortable talking with her about it. She was a strong christian but has started to fall recently since school. It's mainly the influences people have on her. She was telling me she really wants to come back to god, but she's finding it hard to do because of the atmosphere she gets herself into.

I really think its a shame when the only thing stopping you from being saved is the people you hang out with. You need to have supportive friends, not ones always bringing you down.

Anyways, so I was telling her about my experience and how it took me 2 and a half years to become who I am today. And im not gonna lie, im not half as great as I'd like to be, but im a hundred times better then I ever was, so im getting there. Slowly but surely as some people like to say. I said how I really needed to realize I didn't need a fake happiness, before I realized I needed god. I know that sounds bad, but like, I always believed there was a god (well most of the times, there was a period where I didnt because I didn't understand how my life could be so bad If god really loved me) but I never knew that I needed him, until I knew I didn't need all the false ways of temporary happiness. Trying to stop an addiction (even a small one) & trying to gain christinanity & change your whole life style, all at the same time was just to much for me. I had tried it before, realizeing I needed god, then realizeing I didnt need fake happiness, but it always failed. So this year I decided to approch the situation the opposite way. And guess what! it worked.

During this discussion I told her how I wasn't like, tryin to put her down (or anyone at that matter) when I talk about being a christian. I don't think im better then anyone else because of it. And im not telling you that you have to listen to me and change your life. Im just looking out for my friends. I don't want to see people I care about get hurt. Wether you believe in god or not. Drugs and Alcohol can hurt you. And i'd like to atleast say I tried if the situation ever occured. I wouldn't want to sit around saying, "oh well, I sapose I COULD of tried to help" or "I sapose I could of let them realize it was wrong, or that someone care for there well being". anyways, so she said "I respect what your saying" which was cool, caz it's good to hear I have good enough friends that respect my decisions. Unlike some people out there who aren't as lucky, and have a harder time. So thanks friends!♥I love you all!

No comments: