Sunday, October 01, 2006

Book of Luke.

I was just in the middle of reading some Isaiah, when I decided to stop for a bit and look something up. I had read earlier in a blog the verse Luke 9:24. When i read it I realized I had heard it before and it really stood out to me when I did. I had just forgoten about it because I had read it ealier in the summer. The verse says "Fore whoever wants to save his life will loose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. The next verse following that Luke 9:25 is my favorite. It says " What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet loose or forefit his very self?".. I love that verse so much! I think it has so much meaning. Anyways, so back to the point of this blog.

So after I read these verses, I decided to read the little things I have through out my Bible that talk about what we just read, but put it into "teenager" understanding. I have a teen Bible by the way. So as I began to read through some on the ones in the book of Luke, they really started to answer some recent thoughts and questions I have had lately.

The first one I read said, "Do you ever wonder why everyone doesn't believe in Jesus?"
Down deep people know that if they accept Christ their savior , they no longer belong to themselves. They belong to the lord. And they don't like the thought of not being their own boss. They want control and the final say. But one thing they don't understand: giving control to Jesus frees people to be much more than they could ever be on their own.

The next one says "Don't let anything you own or anything you want become more important to you than pleasing the Lord".

Another says "Does God hear your prayers? How can you know? Even if you get what you asked for, how can you know if it's an answer to prayer or if it would have happened anyway?" This question is something that comes up with myself quite often. When something I pray about, happens.. I wonder if I didn't pray about it, if it would have happened anyways. It's really a hard thing to answer, because we really don't know. You just have to trust in the Lord, and believe in him, believe he does answer your prayers, and even if it would have happened anyways the fact of knowing that "WHAT IF" it wouldn't of happened if you never prayed? I dont know, if anyone has a better answer to this feel free to comment on it. Id love to hear it.

I think im going to start reading these "direct lines" more often. I have never before and didn't realize alot of help and answers can come from them. There pretty cool for anyone who owns a Teen Bible.

-alyson.lw

No comments: