Monday, October 09, 2006

My life is a complete question mark. "?"

Tonight someone asked me, "Is living for Jesus worth it?.. What makes you hold on?"
Now, the living for Jesus part, yes I do think it's worth it. It was the "what makes you hold on" part that I couldn't answer. I really have no idea what makes me hold on to living for christ. I mean like, I really don't know. I mean like, im happy? Sort of. Most things are good anyways. And I do believe in a heaven and hell. And i'd rather not risk seeing how close to the flames I can get without getting burned. But I really do not know the answer to that question. I feel bad , caz like, shouldn't I know what makes me hold on to what im living for? How does that make sence? I guess aside from missing out on a little fun, im alot happier and actuly have something to live for I guess? Before I wasn't really living for anything, except goodtimes and guys. But I don't know, I think im gonna sleep on this one. And get back to you. It seems lately my whole life is a question mark. Notice how many of these "?" there are through-out this post? Look theres another one. You just can't ecape them it seems. I haven't got my life figured out at all, but maby im not sapose to. It seems everyone else does though, so I dunno. Mabey it's just me, once again.


Well im off to bed, the long thanks-giving weekend is over and it's off to school in the morning. Oh how I hate mornings. And school. Okay night!

-alyson.lw

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said...

what is that?

Karen said...

thats thing above. weird. well i read this blog and found what i was looking for. we aren't suppost to know what our life is about that's God's job...God is refining you Al making you ask yourself questions. questions that are gonna change your life for the good..you should read the purpose driven life..ill lend it to you if you would like..i love you..see you at youth tonight1

Anonymous said...

Well. i sort of agree with what you said. but i know why im here... Im here to make a difference, to live my life for christ, to show my love and devotion to the creator, and to get to heaven... Knowing that god gave us the most precious sacrifice in the world is what keeps me hanging on. knowing that i will one day be rewarded for the trials and hardships this life and this culture we're in give me is what keeps me holding on. the reason were here is to give our lives to christ. to follow him, to love him, and to gain a personal relationship with him. Thats why god put us on the earth. We are all called to a life of holiness, to be saints and to gain eternal happiness in heaven, but god also gave us free will. we have to choose to follow god. its a hard road, so i really respect you for what your doing. you may be missing out on what the world calls fun, but remember, wide is the road that leads to distruction, and many, too many follow it. it may seem easier and funner to choose that road, but it is the wrong road to choose. keep up the good work alyson. you really are an inspiration to me and many others, who im sure aren't brave enough to say.

Marie-Hélène said...

Maybe what gives you the strength is Christ inside you? If He's inside you of course you'll be standing with Him!
I encourage you to dig throught these questions, figure it out, write it down and know where your beliefs and your reason for living comes from. (or where it should come from!)
Love you.