Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kid Zone.

Kid Zone is amazing. I volunteered at it tonight for the first time, and it was an awesome experience. There was bus loads of kids from all over Saint John. Most of the kids have no diretion in their lives from their parents, so to come to kidzone and be shown love and the way of jesus is amazing experience for them. To see them all running in off the bus's with smiles on their face's and the music blasting and bubles floatin all over the place and lights going and it was just awesome. It really hit me when I saw all of these girls and boys running in. I just thought to my self, how amazing is god? Like seriously, how awesome is god to gather 400 kids who need Jesus the most, and bring them into a atmosphere that is life changing.

So, as all the kids were jumping up and down singing, I noticed this little girl just sittin down, not really looking like she was having fun. So I went over and sat with her, and asked her why she wasn't dancing? She said it was just to loud for her. Then she told me her name and asked me mine. She told me she had come to kiszone before, lol and I told her I was a new commer. She was so cute, Anyways, so the next songs and stuff came on and I asked her if she would stand up and dance with me. And she did, she was jumping and smiling and it was just so awesome.

I don't know how many of the liek 400 children were touched by this, but what I do know, Is my heart was touched, not only for jesus but for the children also. And all the people who made this night possible and dedicate 2 saterday nights a month to these kids.

Theres another Kid-zone next Sunday night so if anyone wants to go help out, ask me for the deats lol.

Anyways, so after kidzone some of us from youth group went out to tim's for a chat about the night. Unfortunatly I only stayed for abit because I had other plans but it was nice none the less. After Tim's I went to Teresa's with Paul and Steve(my date lol). We watched the movie American Haunting. Rate the weird movie, don't recomend it lol. Anyways, it was a fun night over all and I enjoyed myself lol. Goodtimes this weekend was. Now tomorrow's all about the Chemistry lab and the relaxing & preparation for the school week.

Goodnight!










-alyson.lw

4 comments:

Karen said...

it was an amazing time...so glad you were there...i love you!

Anonymous said...

It was a great time wasn't it! You wrote about it very well. We should start a Youth Group blog!

-Jonathan

Anonymous said...

You wrote about Kid Zone very well. (We should start a Youth Group blog.) I am glad you came. I really enjoyed it too.

-Jonathan

Marie-Hélène said...

hey Al! I'm so glad you got to see Kidzone in action. That girl you talked to will probably remember you for a long time. You made an impression on her!
You go girl.
ps what's with Jon commenting twice?:)