Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Stop pretending you DON'T CARE; & start pretending like you don't know how to HATE.


Well, things are looking up recently. I spent the entire day today uptown at the jewish museum (which i never knew exsited). Turns out its a pretty cool place. I was one of three people chosen from my school to go represent it at a "Holocost Study Group" so they call it. Its where a large group of teenagers from highschools in district 8 & 6 get together and learn about the holocost, what happened, what people went through, and to make sure it never happens again. The holocost is something that should never be forgotten, over 6 million people were tortured and killed, just because of their beliefes, because they were different. And about another 5 million killed because of their race, and other reasons. It is the worst example in history of stereotypic preadjust that cost millions of people their lives.


This day filled of many videos, books, pictures, artifacts, and survivor stories, really made me think. It made me think about how lucky I am to live in such a free country. How lucky I am to have my family, to have someone to love me. It made me realize how fast people you love and care about can be taken away, with no explination, no reason. So from today on im going to cherrish everyone I care about, and instead of pretending I don't know how to care, I'll pretend like I don't know how to hate.


In other news, my MRI's tomorrow.. that should be interesting. I don't know wether im excited to finally have it and get it over with, or scared shitless of the possibilities to the results. But im sure they'll be fine, just like always, im always fine..everything is always fine. Because i am always okay. Except, this time, as long as the results are fine.. then i really am gonna be okay, and i really am gonna be fine, because my life is in a good place now. Well, besides my family, and school, and my friends, and everything about me. So I guess I lied, but what else is new, i always do.

No comments: