Saturday, November 17, 2007

Just Me.

Everybody wants what they dont have
just a little bit more wouldn't be so bad
It's a funny little thing/ It's kind of sad
I've squandered everything i have

Are you anything like me?
Is it possible all anybody needs
Is a little more love?
Be the hands the feet
Would it make the world believe?

I dont know
Maybe it's just me
I've got plenty things wrong
it's kind of strange i know what's right
but it's hard to change

I'm in the middle of a phrase
I'm afraid to say
How long can I look the other way?


I've wandered for so long
Seems like I've been down this road before
so alone and fading from the light
I feel your existence
Even now I have to close my eyes
Echoes in my head are feeding me lies

I'm lost in emotion
Overtaken by my every breath
Finding strength I never knew I had
A promise
A let down
Back to where I did not know myself


I heard you say that life has worn you down
And thrown you to your knees.
But this is not your crown
It's just something that brings you down

I keep on telling myself
That I am going to make a change in life
Do you think that I can make it?
Pressing on with life
I walk beside things that tear me apart
This is not my crown
It's just something that brings me down

No comments: