Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time

Have you ever noticed that the world revolves around time? A round fixture with 3 hands and some numbers, controls the entire world. Time time time, not enough time. I wonder what the world would be like if there was no set time for anything, and everything was just relaxed and not rushed. You got things done when they were done. Wouldnt this world be nice? Hectic and unorganized maybe, but it sure would benefit me right now.

My life so far this semester is just a blurr. I do not have time for anything. I have classes all day long everyday, that quite frankly when im finished i just want to pass out or watch a movie and relax. But no, afte 8, 9, 12 hours of school a day, i have to sit down and do more work. Work that i dont think if i actually did it properly it would ever get finished. I have to half ass every assignment, test, reading, that i have to do because if i actually took the required amount of time the professors tell you that you have to put into each class everyday to be successful, well i wouldnt sleep. They say fo every hour of class you have it takes 3 hours in studying and homework to succeed. Well, unless im mistaken, 8 x 3 = 24, and 12 x 3 = 36, so where in the hell is there anytime for sleep in these equations? oh my bad, there isnt, i forgot i was imortal and didn't need sleep to live. Since university i have had no time for myself. I started to cut into study and assignment time to make some time for myself and let me tell you, the suffering of my schoolwork shows. I can either make the minimal requirements of school and have a life, or do really well like last semester and go insain. Its a toss up really, but i think i want my sanity.. i just can't let my mother know that.

What would the world be without numbers?
No time, no measurements, no specific age, no set weight... less complex? I think so. People tend to revolve alot of their lives around numbers. Think about it, some people are obsessed with weight. and i mean obsessd. If they go just one number over what they were last week, they'll stick there fingers down there throat until there one number less then they were last week. People get obsessed with there numbers on a scale, peoeple are in competition everyday just for a couple numbers in pounds. Well, what if there wasnt any numbers? Then, clearly you could distinguish between someone weighing very little, to someone of a larger size, but the unobvious wouldn't make the difference of someone hurting their bodies just to equal out. People would be more focused on what they feel is a healthy weight not what society may think.

Anyways, thats just my little rant for the morning. Im not sure if it had much point im just overwhelmed with the lack of time i have in a day compaired to the amount of work I have. Which leaves me no time for myself, or god. The only time I find to talk to god is when i go to bed, i lay there and start to talk and pray with him, and all of a sudden, I fall asleep right in the middle of it. This can't be good, but at the end of the day im just exhausted. My body is weak and i have no energy. I long for the weekends and even then i spend my saterday afternons, and entire sundays doing school work, and should be spending the rest of it as well.

No comments: