Monday, August 28, 2006

Recap Summer




(This is a very hot picture of Me & Kelsey in my pool lol)











Well, the summers come and gone, and I can deffinitly feel fall in the air. Summer is my favorite time of year. It's a time of rest,reflection, and fun. So, Let's have a quick recap of my summer.
Well fer starters, I passed grade 10 with honnors which was awesome. To start the summer off, Me Alex Hannah & Kelsey all went on a cruise up the SJ river on a yatch which was so much fun! Then kelseys Pitt Party/tent out for her B-Day was a good time. (Wasn't drinking) . Then for a while the weather sucked. I by the way had a concusion all summer so it wasn't it's most eventful season this year lol, but it was still fun. I quit my job at BK(which was the best day of my life). Um, my Family went away for 2 whole weeks to Europe so I had the house to myself, which was kinda fun but hard at the same time, im not use to having to do alot of stuff for myself, so that was interesting. Well, Adams "party" was a hilariouse goodtime (I didn't drink btw). Marks BBQ.Geoff's Bonfire was a good time. Alex Marr's party was good until it turned into a huge drama fest(once again, wasn't drinking). New River Beach Sand Sculptures with Alex Hannah & Mary were fun,& the rapids with Tim&Jeremy. Um, I also went to Portland Maine with my parents for a couple nights, where we shoped till we were about 400$ over our limit to get across the border lol. But that was kinda cool to spend some time with my parents caz I don't usualy get to do that,or atleast, I just never do. After that came my birthday, tent-out at Crystal Beach with the girls, which I thought was really fun! Sweet 16, gotta love it. After that I believe was Mark's Pitt Party, which would be the last party I attend.

See, until yesterday I thought that, If i was a christian, It was okay for me to attend parties as long as I didnt drink. But I was informed that, that isnt the case. And i was given a bible verse by someone that really opened my eyes. In that verse it said, what do good and evil have in common? why should you be amoung those who do evil things, if you are trying to set an example for those people, you should be far from sin. You see, God had to be so far from sin, that he sent his son Jesus to this earth so that he could heal and preech to the wickedness.
And I was told that, If I am amoung those who sin, It is just as bad as if I were doing it myself. Which I really never realized until that person told me that. And at camp medley I heard the whole, God had to be so far from sin, he sent his son Jesus to this earth.

Then after this, was Camp Medley. The long waited week of my summer. I had been counting down in my msn name for [37days] to go to camp. It's really what I look forward to every year. I love the Chapel. it is my favorite part of camp. It's so peaceful and everything is so real. You can really open up & admit where you went wrong and learn how to get back on track. The ministry is awesome there, it's not the bouring stuff you hear at most churches, it's exactly what teenagers need to hear and wake them up. It's awesome I love it. Well, theres exactly 1 more week left of summer, then it's back to STM I come, grade 11, how scary, half way done highschool and that much closer to the rest of my life. Hopefuly I have a good year, and meet some new people. Oh, next week Kelsey and I (maby others) are going to Sussex for the balloon festival and staying with our friend Emily from camp! So were pretty excited about that. And also, We might get tattoo's in a couple weeks, im kinda scared so i dunno lol, but we really feel like we should get them because there religious tatts and they truely have meaning. Any ways, thats pretty well my summer in a nut-shell, not to exciting I know.

(Im listening to the christian radio station, and a song just came on, and it just said " im sorrie lord for the thing iv made it, caz it's all about you jesus" , it's actuly one of my favorite songs, because I believe that this happens to alot of people, they get caught up in their lives, and they begin to live for themselevs, and they start to forget that its not about us, it's about god our savior. Hes the reason we are here, and our purpose in life is to serve him not ourselves(which alot of people do). Anyways, sorrie that just came on and I thougth id rite about it. I find music is the key to our soul, and when you really listen to the lyrics, you uncover a whole new meaning to life.
Have a great night!
-Alyson

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Alyson- it's true that we do need to live by example etc. I just don't want you to think that can't hang out with people who do "bad" things because they're bad people or evil or something. Jesus hung out with prostitutes and tax collectors to be an example to them. Let God show you how you can be a witness to your friends- ask Him what that means- if it means finding new friends or staying away from your friends when they're involved in certain "activties"..or if it means being light and a voice of truth in different situations.

alyson.lw said...

lol yeah i no I can still hang out with people who may do some stuff im agaisnt, im not going to drop people because of something they do , i just dont need to be a part of it. But yeah thanks i understand what your sayin