Thursday, December 07, 2006

Anger; Forgivness; Forget

Today in CF, we discused anger and forgivness. Aparently my anger is visable to teachers, because Mrs.Steeves was like "Alyson I know your a hot-head, do you forgive people". I kinda thought she was just joking.. until she said she was seriouse because when she taught last year me I use to get angry in class. Which I informed her, if she thought that was bad..lol she doesn't know the half of it. But anyways, thats besides the point..

So after she asked me this, I never really thought about this before today. Now, I know I have an anger problem, like..atleast im willing to admit that. But I never knew I had a forgivness problem too. Now, when she asked me If I forgive people, or just let my anger eventualy fade out, I answered neither. Now, I mean like, if something happens between me and a person, I forgive them to the extent as im willing to put it aside and move on. But really, It still bothers me. There are people, conversations, and issues from YEARS ago, that I still remember, and although I got over it, It still bothers me. I mean like, if someone betrays your trust, your always gonna wonder "are they gonan do it again"? If someone lies to you numerous amounts of times, sooner or later, your not gonna believe a word that comes out of their mouth. I dunno, I guess with me it's just like, I can forgive, but I rarely ever forget. It's not my fault,I mean, Id love to forget all the shit in my past that doesn't really matter and probly causes half of my anger, but I just..cant. Maby someday, but I dunno. What ever.

2 comments:

Karen said...

it's an interesting thought. we all remember things people have done to us...

But there is power in forgiving people. you can do whatever you want, because it's a free world. but i wanted to share what i think about it since i wasnt at CF.

Forgiveness has to be a willingness to forgive. When we forgive, we change the feel of a situation that could become unbearable.(thinking about it to much, dwelling) Forgiveness gives us the power to eliminate ANGER and resentment, allowing a change in our mental AND physical even spiritual well being to get rid of all stress, sadness, anger. forgiving gives us freedom. like we are forgive for all of our sins we must forgive others..

i heard this quote somewhere "Forgiveness is reclaiming power over your life"

it is so true. Our past gives satan a stronghold on our lives..but we can be free from that, because of Jesus' victory over death and satan. If you don't forgive those people in your past for their sake , at least do it for yours so that you can walk in the victory you were meant to walk in. in the freedom that Jesus' died for.

Heb 8:12 (NIV) "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Mat 6:14-15 (NIV) "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

this is possiible the longest post i've ever written. but it's truth man. i love you a lot. and im here for you. im not gonna leave you:) you're awesome!! think about what i said, for your sake! lunch next week? talk to you soon

alyson.lw said...

lol wow, that wasnt a comment, that was a friggin preachers novel.