Sunday, April 22, 2007

Freedom Writers.

So I just finished watching the movie "freedom Writers". I saw it in theaters before but my parents rented it this weekend so i decided to watch it again. It is honestly one of my favorite movies. And it's funny because, I know alot of people who honestly hated it and thought it was so stupid because there was no like "action" or anything to it. But I guess maby I just have a little bit of a soft spot for real life situations. It's a movie I could really relate too, although I was never ina gang, or had somone close to me die froma drive by shooting. I have however gone through hard times, done wrong paths and even though we don't realize it, Life today is a war. It's a war to fit in, to be sucessful, or even just to be happy.
In the movie, the kids depend on this english class as their family. They feel safe in it, and feel that the only good things in their lives, are caused by their teacher. That is exactly like me, however it isn't my english class I depend on, its Camp. I have had this dependance on Camp since I was seven. A dependance that, if I don't have camp, I have nothing. Camp is what saves me from myself. When im not happy with who I am, once or twice a summer, it gives me a little bit of asurence and hope that things could and will someday be different. But someday, I will have to go on in life, and I won't have camp there to put me back together when i break and fall to peices. Just like, when these kids graduate, they won't have their english class to protect them.

This is kind of off topic, but I was watching the specail feautures, and it said how you can tell so much about someone, just by looking at their eyes. It is very true that you can outline a persons whole life story just by their eyes and faceial expressions. Someone at camp once told me, that she could see right through me, just by my eyes. And its strange because she really could, she was telling me things about my life left and right before I even got the chance to.

Anyways, school is slowly coming to an end(thank god)..and summer is deffinitly on it's way judging by the beautiful weather we have been having. Another summer means, another year of camp, and now with each week I wonder if it is my last, especaily this year. It could be the end of the road less traveled.

No comments: